Way earlier than anticipated, we have a new wiki!
What does that mean?
- All OpenTTD services now use GitHub authentication. You can login everywhere using your GitHub account.
- We restructured the whole wiki. All pages are now categorised and organised in a folder tree.
- Over half of the pages with ancient content were moved into the Archive folder, so the rest of the wiki can breathe again.
- There is a second sandbox wiki, just for experimentation, without hurting the main wiki.
- The whole wiki has support for translations. No more manual cross-linking.
- We parted with user pages. Today everyone can host their private GitHub wiki, which automatically fades into history, when the user is no longer active.
- The search function will be added in a few days. We will use an external search engine, and it has to index everything first.
That’s it in short. But how did we get here?